Issues and Answers Night
The Glenwood Springs Chamber Resort Association, the Glenwood Springs Post Independent and KMTS host the Issues and Answers Forum each fall and spring when there is an election. This educational platform is the highlight of the election season for the entire community. It’s democracy in action, providing an opportunity for voters to see the candidate in person, ask questions and listen. It reveals both similarities and differences among candidates.
Fall 2022 Issues and Answers Forum
When: Wednesday, October 5 - 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Where: Glenwood Springs City Hall, 101 West 8th Street, Glenwood Springs
The public is invited and encouraged to attend.
The following candidates have confirmed attendance. Candidates are listed in alphabetical order by last name:
- Colorado House of Representatives District 57 Candidates
- Elizabeth Velasco & Perry Will
- Colorado Senate District 8 Candidates
- Dylan Roberts & Matt Solomon (both candidates participating remotely)
- Garfield County Board of County Commissioners District 1 Candidates
- Ryan Gordon & Tom Jankovsky
- Garfield County Clerk and Recorder Candidates
- Jackie Harmon & Becky Moller
- Garfield County Treasurer Candidates
- Carrie Couey & Aron Diaz
There will also be representatives speaking both in favor and opposed to Glenwood Springs Ballot Issue 2C Accommodations Tax for Workforce Housing.
Questions will be prepared in advance by a media panel and will not be taken from the audience during the event. The public is invited and encouraged to suggest questions at the link below.
The deadline to submit questions is Monday, October 3 at 5 p.m.