We need your voice heard in support of Transportation Infrastructure Funding
The GSCRA is urging members to support House Bill 1242. The bill is scheduled to be heard in the House Transportation Committee on Wednesday. HB1242 gives voters an opportunity to help solve our transportation problem. Our roads and bridges are crumbling. Traffic congestion is only getting worse. It's costing us money and our quality of life is at risk. Coloradans need and deserve a quality transportation infrastructure. Please vote yes on HB 1242!
House Bill 1242
* Refers a measure to the ballot increasing sales tax to generate resources for state and local governments;
* Cuts the FASTER Road Safety surcharge, saving Coloradans money on their vehicle registration fees;
* Directs roughly $680 million in new and existing resources toward the state and local transportation needs - from safer and less congested highways to safer routes for our kids when they head off to school;
* Leverages state investment for up to $3.5 billion in bonding for projects across the state;
* Enhances transparency and accountability, including citizen oversight of projects and simple-to-navigate website so Coloradans can track the progress cost and timeline of projects, and ensuring the state is spending taxpayer dollars wisely; and,
* Ensures every county, every city and every Coloradan shares in the benefits from this transportation package.
We need your voice TODAY! House Bill 1242, the comprehensive, bi-partisan measure to address our transportation infrastructure will be heard by the House Transportation Committee tomorrow - Contact committee members today and ask them to support HB-1242.
HOUSE TRANSPORTATION COMMITTEE
Rep. Diane Mitch Bush, Chairman
Rep. Faith Miller, Vice Chairman
Rep. Jon Becker
Rep. Jeff Bridges
Rep. Perry Buck
Rep. Terri Carver
Rep. Daneya Esgar
Rep. Joann Ginal
Rep. Chris Hansen
Rep. Dominique Jackson
Rep. Polly Lawrence
Rep. Barbara McLachlan
Rep. Dan Nordberg
The Glenwood Springs Chamber Resort Association was named 2013 Chamber of the Year by ACCE!